Jamie Spencer retires

Jamie
Jamie Spencer has revealed he is to quit riding at the terminus of the season in order to take up a management role at Qatar Racing, Sportinglife has reported.

The 34-year-old, who has twice been crowned champion jockey in Britain as well as once in Ireland, is currently retained rider for the potent operation but will work proximately alongside Sheikh Fahad Al Thani and his bloodstock advisor David Redvers providing feedback and advice on their horses from 2015.

Spencer verbalized, “This is a fantastic opportunity and if I have learned anything in my riding vocation it is that you should take such opportunities when they come along.

“As much as I dote race riding, it is not something I optate to do for the rest of my life and while I am not indispensably yare to retire now, I feel at a stage when I am yare for a transmutation.”

“I genuinely relish being part of the Qatar Racing team, working with Sheikh Fahad, David and everyone in the team, and so the opportunity to perpetuate that and at the same time start the next chapter in my vocation appealed to me.”

Spencer burst onto the scene when winning the Irish 1,000 Guineas aboard Tarascon back in 1998 at the age of just 17, and has relished plenty of astronomically immense-race triumphers during a vocation that additionally visually perceived him spend the 2004 season as stable rider for Aidan O’Brien.

He famously shared the British crown with Seb Sanders in 2007 in a battle that went right to the last day and bagged British Classic prosperity with the relishes of 2003 St Leger hero Brian Boru and 2009 Oaks triumpher Sariska.

Spencer verbally expressed, “This has been an immensely colossal decision and not one I have taken lightly. My priority is my family, and cerebrating of them and their future has played a key part in my decision. I feel I still have a lot to give to racing, and not just as a jockey.

“I would relish to thank all the owners and trainers who have fortified me throughout my vocation. I will always be grateful to them for the prosperity I have had and the amities built along the way.”

Spencer, godson of Coolmore supremo John Magnier, has been retained rider for Qatar Racing since 2013, with Just The Judge providing a memorable first Classic prosperity for the team when landing last year’s Irish 1,000 Guineas.

Sheikh Fahad verbally expressed, “I am delectated that Jamie will remain part of the team in his incipient role. I very much relish working with him and I am sure he will perpetuate to be a great asset to Qatar Racing.”

Redvers verbally expressed, “Ever since we signed up Jamie he has impressed us with his commitment and contribution. He has been an invaluable team player and this incipient role will enable him to build on that. I am delectated that we will perpetuate to benefit from his insight, ebullience and invaluable experience
Jamie Spencer retires Jamie Spencer retires Reviewed by Unknown on 10:18:00 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.